The Cumberland County SPCA is collecting donations of food items, animal care items, medical care items, cleaning items, and office supplies. Here is the SPCA WishList.
Books for Kids is collecting donations for its library at the Cohanzick Zoo.
Just a reminder of County Overnight this weekend. I received confirmation that everyone was registered.
- Registration is 4-6 on Friday
- Dinner is 6-7:30 then a keynote speaker
- Saturday breakfast is 7-8:30 then sessions will begin
- The address is The Grand Hotel; 1045 Beach Ave; Cape May, NJ 08204
- Cumberland County Overnight 2018 Here is the flyer.
Please remember that if you have signed up and do not attend you will have to reimburse the BEA the cost of the registration.
Please see the attached flyer regarding the Annual Legislative Dinner on April 11, 2018. The first 20 members to email Christina Nickle a response to attend will be registered and paid for by the BEA.
Additionally, if you occupy one of the paid BEA positions at the dinner, and do not attend, you are expected to reimburse the BEA the $20 fee. If you do not occupy one of the paid BEA positions at the dinner, you may still attend and pay the $20 fee personally. However, you must still sign up through her.
The deadline for all registrations is March 23.
Here is some information to any members who want to make Professional Development requests.
- Be specific about the workshop title
- May want to include a brief overview of workshop—to show how it relates to your field
- You may be asked to turn-key the information
- If you have many PD hours it may be asked if a colleague could go instead
- www.ettc.net may have some workshops to look into
BEA members are being urged to be very careful about what is emailed using your district email. The district can and does monitor emails and can take action to anyone who semds questionable material. In particular, be careful about sending opinions about union or district decisions or issues. That is something to be taken up in a face-to-face meeting with your building’s ARs. Also, please do not send any personal material, pictures, or humerous email if you would not want administration reading it.
Also, district ARs should be holding face to face 10 minute meetings to update members about what is happening in our Executive meetings. If you are not being informed, talk to your building’s ARs. If you do not know who to talk to, please email me through the contact link on this website. I will be more than happy to help you out. Further, our BEA executive meeting’s minutes are taken and posted under the Member’s tabs as soon as it is approved in one of our meetings. Thus, January’s meeting minutes will be posted soon, and any minutes older than that since last June should be already there.
Finally, the NJEA had an article containing further advice as to Facebook/ Twitter use. You can read it here: Tips for Twitter and Facebook.
- NJEA ad campaign highlights school nurses“Keeping students healthy and learning is what we do best!” NJEA’s newest Pride in Public Education ad campaign highlights the key role that school nurses play in keeping New Jersey public school students healthy and learning. Featuring NJEA members Cynthia Samuel and Sue Scalgione, the ads vividly demonstrate the wide range of health and educational […] Th […]